Prior to reading this article, take note that you should always follow the recommendations from your health care provider. In this case, our pregnancy tips are following a healthy pregnancy with no complications or restrictions.
Pregnant and working? No problem! Nowadays, it is common for women to continue working throughout their pregnancies. We have come up with a few tips for you to continue your work day while you make place for that growing belly!
Pregnancy Physiotherapy Tips if you have to sit for a long time
If your job requires you to sit for a long period of time, these tips are for you!
- Use your sit to stand desk throughout the day. If you don’t have one, it’s time to start enquiring about it. It’s a valuable tool to have in your office.
- Take frequent breaks throughout the day to walk around; whether it’s to go empty your bladder, talk to your colleague or fill out your water bottle.
- Bring a good pair of shoes with you to work and take some time during your lunch break to go for a walk and get some fresh air.
Pregnancy Physiotherapy Tips if you have a more active job
If you have a more active job that does not allow you to sit for too long, these tips may be helpful for you!
- Adjusting your schedule or pacing strategies can help manage the amount of time you are active. If you have long hours in standing and you insist on doing some exercise later during your day, yoga or a gentle stretching routine may be indicated.
- Setting up specific breaks in your day to sit may also be helpful to break the day down.
- Use of comfortable shoes may help as you are on your feet all day.
General Physiotherapy Tips for everyone!
- Use compression socks can help if you have swelling in your ankles and legs. These can be prescribed by your medical doctor. Make sure you see an appropriate professional that can prescribe the right size for you.
- The use of a stability or sacro iliac (SI) belt may be appropriate if you experience some low back or SI pain.
Taking care of you is as important as the care you provide for your future little one. We hope this article has been helpful and we suggest consulting your professional of your choice to help during the different stages of your pregnancy. Working while you are pregnant can be safe and somewhat enjoyable!
Feel free to contact us at Moveo Sports and Manual Physiotherapy in Orléans if you would like to address some issues during your pregnancy. We are here to help!