Graston Technique® is instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization. This set of tools enables clinicians to efficiently locate and treat individuals with many musculoskeletal complaints. In fact, we are able to treat various patients with many different conditions using this technique.
Indications for Graston Technique®
- Chronic and ongoing issues (fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome)
- Running/sports injuries (patella femoral pain, Achilles tendinopathy, plantar fasciitis, shin splints)
- Injuries to the upper extremities (carpal tunnel, golfers and tennis elbows, rotator cuff tendinopathy)
- Scars post surgery (when healed)
- Post surgery when indicated (total hip replacement, total knee replacement, tendon repair)
- Post period of immobilization (when indicated)
- Neck, mid back, low back pain
Keep in mind that not everyone is a good candidate for this approach. Your physiotherapist will be able to discuss with you a proper care of plan depending on your personal medical history.
What is Scar Tissue?
Scar tissue is a normal process of healing as your body repairs damaged tissue. This can happen for both recent and older injuries. However, as you try to resume normal activities or return to more strenuous exercise, the scar tissue may limit your performance and ability to do so.
We Can Help!
This technique enables the treatment of scar tissue and fascial restrictions during rehabilitation that allows for faster recovery and with greater success in restoring range of motion, eliminating pain and restoring function! Our therapists always have in mind your end goal. Maybe you would like to improve your performance when running? Maybe you would like to regain range of motion of your shoulder following a recent fall?
Moveo Sports and Manual Physiotherapy is home to Graston Technique® therapy providers. Renée and Vivian are certified and use this technique in their day to day practice.